Tigernut Mint Chocolate Bars
Even though we care not to admit it, the summer is drawing to an end meaning that it’s been over a month since your little munchkins’ put on their uniform and headed back through the school gates (quiet relief).
If you are feeling a little uninspired for the school (or work!) lunchbox ideas, fear not! These Tigernut Mint Chocolate Bars are your ticket for a nutritious and delicious recess snack. They are also sugar, gluten and dairy free. All up we give them an A+ 😉
- 15-20 medjool dates
- ½ cup of raw cacao
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 4-6 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 3/4 cup dessicated coconut
- 1/3 cup Tigernut flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3 tbsp flaxseed
- 2 tbsp water
- ¼ cup of diced Tigernuts
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor, except for the diced Tigernuts. Process until the mixture is ground up and comes together in a clump. If it is not clumping together, add an extra tablespoon of water to help bind it together.
- Once it forms a clump, remove it from the food processor and place it in a bowl. Use your hands to work the Diced Tigernuts into the mixture.
- Press into a square pan, lined with baking paper and place in the fridge to set for 3-4 hours, or overnight.
- Once ready, slice into squares and drizzle with chocolate if desired,
Love from TFF x