Recipe – Tigernut Carrot Cake
This recipes takes the cake as one of our all time fav’s. Such deliciousness and healthy to boot. Suitable for fussy little people, best friends or anyone with a gluten intolerance.
* 2 ripe bananas
* 3½ cup applesauce
* 3 eggs
* 2 tablespoons coconut oil
* 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract (or seeds of one vanilla pod)
* ½ cup almond flour
* 1 cup tigernut flour
* 2 tablespoons coconut flour
* 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
* 1½ teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 2 cups shredded carrots (packed tightly, liquid squeezed out)
* 2 tablespoons raisins
* nonstick cooking spray or extra coconut oil, for greasing the tin
* pumpkin seeds or shredded coconut for topping, optional
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine the bananas, applesauce, eggs, and coconut oil in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until combined, scraping down the sides of a bowl with a spatula, if necessary.
3. Whisk together the almond flour, tigernut flour, coconut flour, arrowroot powder, baking soda, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
4. Next, pour the liquid ingredients from the food processor bowl into the dry ingredients in the large mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Add the raisins and shredded carrots and stir one more time.
5. Spray a tin with nonstick cooking spray or wipe lightly with coconut oil. Pour the batter evenly.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-50 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown. Let cool slightly before serving.
Love TFF (and Mona for her beautiful creation) xx