Tigernut Banana Bread Recipe
Nothing beats a good old tasty banana bread, specially when it’s full of clean, mean wholesome ingredients. This recipe is one of those classic ones you’ll hold onto and use for your regular baking staples, sitting in the fridge for those sweet tooth moments – all guilt free of course ! Winning.
2 cups almond meal
1/2 cup tigernut flour
3 very ripe bananas
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
¼ cup coconut oil
1/4 cup 100% maple syrup (can be omitted)
Toppings: diced tigernuts
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- In a seperate bowl, mix all wet ingredients (mashing the banana with a fork).
- Add wet to dry ingredients and combine well.
- Pour mixture into 8×8″ lined baking pan.
- Bake at 170°C for 40 minutes or until golden.
Recipe is by real food lover Zoe from Wildblend.co.