Paleo Gingerbread Recipe
Keep your Christmas healthy and simple without jeapordising traditional with this fabulous Paleo Gingerbread recipe from our friends at Drop Dead Bread. Free from grains, dairy, gluten, nuts, refined sugars and artificial additives, this healthy to to your Christmas dessert table (or just a great anytime snack!).
125gm softened coconut oil (not melted)
½ cup coconut sugar
1 egg yolk
½ cup maple syrup
2 cups Tigernut flour
½ teaspoon bi carbonate soda
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon mixed spice
1. Cream together the coconut oil and coconut sugar
2. Stir in the egg yolk and maple syrup
3. Sift in the Tigernut flour, bicarb soda and spices
4. Stir together until mixture becomes a soft dough.
5. Shape into a ball and roll out to about 5mm thick between two sheets of baking paper
6. Peel off top layer of baking paper and cut into gingerbread men using a cookie cutter
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 160 degrees Celsius for approximately 10 minutes or until slightly golden.
8. Decorate with desired toppings.
Love TFF xx
Recipe from our friends at Drop Dead Bread
Image: 8th and Lake