Tigernut Mango Pitaya Ombré Popsicles
We’re still keeping the summer dream alive here at TFF headquarters (and the weather in melbourne has been amazing, so why not!). So when the lovely Zoe from Wildblend sent us the recipe for fun fruity popsicles the office quickly vacated and we were off to the market to purchase ingredients (because how pretty are they?!).
Whether you’re a kid or a grown up, these colourful sugar-free delights are bound to satisfy your inner sweet-tooth thanks to the naturally sweet mangos. Sprinkle your frozen treats in diced Tigernuts for some prebiotic crunch.
For the popsicles
- 2 Calypso mangoes, diced
- 4 tsp Pitaya powder
For the crunch
- 4 Tbsp diced tigernuts
For the chocolate drizzle
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- For the popsicles, place the mango into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides then blend again to get out any chunks.
- Add 1 Tbps of mango puree to each popsicle mould.
- For the ombré effect, add 1 tsp Pitaya powder to the remaining mango puree and stir until combined.
- Add 1 Tbps of Pitaya-mango puree to each popsicle mould.
- Continue to add Pitaya powder to the mango puree, one teaspoon at a time, until the moulds are full.
- Pop the lid on and push the wooden sticks into the popsicles. Place in the freezer for 3 hours or until set.
- For the chocolate drizzle, combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Once combined, Transfer into a pouring bottle and allow to set in the fridge.
- Once the popsicles are fully frozen (and ready to serve), dip base of moulds in warm-ish water and slide out the mould.
- Place on cooling rack lined with baking paper. Drizzle with chocolate and diced tigernuts. Enjoy immediately.
Tip: To save any leftover popsicles wrap them in plastic wrap and freeze individually so they don’t stick.
Love TFF xx