Low FODMAP grab-n-go brekky
LBH, Life is hectic. Which is why getting a whole heap of nourishing goodness in us from the get is important, but who’s got time to be curating pretty instaworthy smoothie bowls (unfortunately not us). Enter the super simple low FODMAP grab-n-go breaky.
The best bit? It’s main ingredients are chia seeds, oats and Tigernuts, all of which are SUPER high in fibre which act like an “intestinal broom” to sweep out the digestive tract and eliminate built up waste (not to mention helps us keep off that sneaky winter weight).
We like to make this breaky bombshell the night before to activate the chia seeds, make the oats easier to digest and increase the resistant starch content of the dish.
Tigernuts don’t necessarily need to be soaked for extra nutrition, however it can help soften them making them easier to eat and enhance flavour.
P.S it’s totally worth doubling or tripling this batch to make a few brekkies in advance.
3 tbsp chia seeds
½ cup quick oats
3 tbsp Tigernut flour
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1 tsp maca root powder
1 tsp shredded coconut
½ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp raw cacao nibs
1 tsp diced Tigernuts
½ cup coconut milk
- Boil the jug and add chia seeds to jar, bowl or whatever you enjoy eating your morning grub out of. Pour in ½ cup of boiling water. Stir and let chia seeds soak for a few minutes until swollen and gel-like.
- Add oats, tigernut flour and another ½ cup of boiling water and stir.
- Add vanilla bean, Maca powder, shredded coconut and cinnamon so that it’s all nice and evenly blended
- Sprinkle diced tiger nuts and cacao nibs on top for a bit of crunch
- Now drown the rest out with the coconut milk
- Add bananas berries or whatever fancy fruits you desire
- Leave overnight in fridge or at room temperature ready to be chucked in your bag on your rush out the door. Don’t forget a spoon. And be prepared for all the weird looks on the train towards that odd healthy chick eating out of a jar. But hey at least she’s well nourished.
Love TFF x