Guilt Free Banana Bread
Mid-arvo munchies (Noun). The action reaching for the top drawer chocolate stash at exactly 2.59pm.
Do you suffer from this phenomenon? Never fear, we’re here with a scrumptious solution in the form of Double Chocolate Tigernut Banana Bread to help curb cravings. Sure it sounds a little naughty, but we can assure it is actually very very nice. Made with Tigernut flour, raw cacao powder and dairy-free chocolate chips, it’s nut-free, gluten-free and dairy-free.
Not only is Tigernut flour a great gluten-free substitute for baking, it is also brimming with Resistant Starch, that prebiotic fiber which helps stablise blood sugar and keep cravings at bay.
For the bread:
2 large bananas (use the brown spotty, ripe ones if possible)
2 Tbsp coconut oil
2 cups Tigernut Flour
1 tsp aluminium-free baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup dairy-free choc chips
1/4 cup raw cacao powder
1/4 cup cacao nibs
1/4 cup Diced Tigernuts
1/4 cup dairy-free choc chips
1. Preheat your oven to 175°C and line a rectangular baking dish with baking paper.
2. Put all wet ingredients (bananas, eggs, chocolate chips, coconut oil) in a high-speed food processor or blender and process until smooth.
3. Add tigernut flour, cacao, baking powder and cinnamon and blend until smooth.
4. Pour mix into a lined rectangular baking dish.
5. Smooth the surface with a spatula and drizzle with cacao nibs, diced Tigernuts and choc chips.
6. Bake at 175°C for 30-35 minutes. If you prefer moist banana bread, keep an eye on the heat and don’t over-bake it.
7 .Let cool completely before you remove it from the baking dish.
Love from TFF xx