Coconut Tigernut Butter Smoothie Bowl
The best things about summer – Bikini weather and Smoothie Bowls!
This super easy Tigernut smoothie bowl is ideal as a post work-out or brekky on the go during those for those warm summer days.
Recipe by the lovely insta-foodie Isabowls
This recipe also includes tiger nut butter. We like to make a batch of first and save the rest for later as the perfect nut-free spread.
Tigernut butter ingredients
- 2 cups of tigernuts
- 1 cup of coconut oil
- 1 pinch of Himalayan salt
- ½ tsp. Pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 frozen banana (use more for a thicker consistency)
- tsp spirulina
- 1 fresh coconut (meat & water)
- 1/2 tbsp hemp powder (optional)
- handful of fresh spinach
- Soak Tigernuts 12-24 hours in a large bowl of water. After soaking for 12-24 hours, drain Tigernuts.
- Place all ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until creamy. Add more coconut oil as needed for a smoother consistency.
- Store in glass jar in the fridge. It should last about a month
- Blend all ingredients in a processor or blender
- Pour into smoothie glass, bowl (or bucket) and use which ever toppings you desire. We like to sprinkle diced tigernuts on for a bit of extra crunch. Isa used cinnamon & raisin granola made from sprouted buckwheat and coconut and added a couple of frozen raspberries, mulberries, hemp hearts and edible flowers for good measure!
Love TFF xx